Date:      Sat, 2 Jun 2012 18:53:49 +0000
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: periodic emails

On 3. Jan 2012, at 15:36 , John Baldwin wrote:

> On Monday, January 02, 2012 4:29:18 pm Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
>> Hi,
>>=20
>> why do we send all these empty headings for periodic emails or given =
there is
>> no output to this one can we
>>=20
>> 1) suppress the empty sections (to me that sounds a bit like a wrong
>>   return code or something maybe?), and
>> 2) add an option to suppress "empty" periodic emails entirely?
>=20
> Have you tried 'daily_show_success=3D"NO"' in /etc/periodic.conf?
>=20
> (Also security_show_success, weekly_show_success, and =
monthly_show_success?)
>=20
> Those certainly have fixed both 1) and 2) for me.

How did you fix this part of the daily emails?

----

Security check:
   (output mailed separately)

-- End of daily output --
----

I guess I could set daily_status_security_output=3D"" given the value or =
the
exported value derived from it are not used elsewhere?  But it would =
still
leave the "Security check" for the email:(

/bz

--=20
   It does not matter how good you are. It matters what good you do!