Date:      Tue, 8 Dec 1998 18:25:07 +0100 (MET)
From:      Andre Rikkert de Koe <arikkert@surf.IAE.nl>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   "no driver assigned"

I have a Dell PC with an integrated network card to install.
It's an 3com 3c90x card, so I put the line "device vx0" as the only
network device in the configuration file.
After compiling the kernel I get the boot message "no driver assigned"
To be exactly the message is :
pci0:17 vendor=0x10b7, device=0x9055, class=network (ethernet)
int a irq11
[no driver assigned]

I downloaded 3com file 3c90xcfg.exe from the 3com website and this
diagnostic program comfirms Int 11 PCI and the normal working
of the 3com compatible? device.

Does any one know what's causing the "no driver assigned" ?

Andre