Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2002 07:29:09 -0600
From:      Server Admin <admin@sage-one.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   DSL PPPoE odd disconnects

Running 4.5-Stable on DSL PPPoE, recently I am getting every day or so
disconnects when before the line was rock solid for weeks at a stretch.
Looks like it isn't happy with the line quality. The autodial reconnects,
but after several minutes of struggle and dozens of retries to connect. I
have "enable lqr" set in my ppp.conf which I suppose monitors this and
causes the disconnection. Should I disable the lqr or is it a better idea
to let it do its thing? Would rather not have the disconnects of course. It
happens mostly at the wee hours when some remote jobs are running and need
the connection. Below is a snippet of the disconnect that starts the
problem "Too many ECHO LQR packets lost". Thanks for any feedback about this.

<snip/>
ppp[60]: tun0: Phase: deflink: ** Too many ECHO LQR packets lost **
ppp[60]: tun0: Phase: deflink: open -> lcp
ppp[60]: tun0: Phase: bundle: Terminate
ppp[60]: tun0: Phase: deflink: Disconnected!
ppp[60]: tun0: Phase: deflink: lcp -> logout
ppp[60]: tun0: Phase: deflink: Disconnected!
ppp[60]: tun0: Phase: deflink: logout -> hangup
</snip>
.... our website: http://www.sage-one.net/

Best regards,

Jack L. Stone