Date:      Sat, 20 May 2000 11:24:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        "Mike C. Muir" <mmuir@es.co.nz>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with SMP cleanup code? Or me?

:Hi, i just cvsup'd sources for stable today, recompiled a kernel and went
:to boot it.. Went right up to the local package initialization and:
:
:panic: fdrop: count < 0
:mplock = 00000001; cpuid = 0; lapic.id = 00000000
:boot() called on cpu#0
:
:Trying again, i get the same thing, only it was 'boot() called on cpu#1'
:instead..
:
:Could this be because I had not built (or more importantly
:installed) world yet, or would that have no bearing on this problem? I'm
:not sure exactly what process was being run when this panic occured, but
:it was definitely up to the local package initialization.
:
:	-mike

    I'm guessing you didn't recompile the modules.   To be safe:

    cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf
    config YOURKERNEL
    cd ../../compile/YOURKERNEL
    make clean depend all install