Date:      Wed, 11 Nov 2015 08:39:39 -0800
From:      Bryan Drewery <bdrewery@FreeBSD.org>
To:        =?UTF-8?Q?Dag-Erling_Sm=c3=b8rgrav?= <des@des.no>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OpenSSH HPN

--HGPJTFAlaMG2uQlAfF8c6X7aCLhKPhh4x

On 11/11/2015 1:23 AM, Dag-Erling Sm=C3=B8rgrav wrote:
> Bryan Drewery <bdrewery@FreeBSD.org> writes:
>> Actually I am missing the client-side VersionAddendum support (ssh.c).=
>> only have server-side (sshd.c).  This is just due to lack of motivatio=
>> to import the changes.
>=20
> Pretty sure I sent Damien the patch a few years ago...  There was also =
> bug in the server-side code (IIRC, one place where it printed only the
> hardcoded version instead of the variable string).  I'll try again.
>=20

By the way, I may have come off wrong. I'm willing to do the work to
update the base version and put it out for review if you would like.

Another thing that I did with the port was restore the tcpwrapper
support that upstream removed. Again, if we decide it is not worth
keeping in base I will remove it as default in the port.

I honestly don't have a strong opinion on keeping or removing HPN. It is
afterall available in the port and I intend to keep it as an option
there. The question is just what the default is.

I prefer to keep the port close to the base version by default options.
I never liked the idea of having 2 different things in the ecosystem
that behave differently, from OpenSSL to OpenSSH, etc.

--=20
Regards,
Bryan Drewery