Date:      Tue, 3 Mar 1998 08:18:01 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bill Vermillion <bill@bilver.magicnet.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The sendmail.cf additions in /etc/mail.

Recently Faried Nawaz said:
> This is on a -stable machine.
>

> I can't seem to use the check_rcpt rule that's commented out by default --
> "mail must come from or go to this machine or machines we allow to relay".

> I have an /etc/sendmail.cR file with separate entries for both the machine
> and its domain, but sendmail always seems to reject the messages.  If I
> use sendmail -bt, it appears to accept the addresses, though.
>
> Is anyone using that ruleset?  I must be missign something simple.

I'm using it.

We moved all our mail services from the SGI's to FreeBSD, as it was
the easiest and best routed to the current sendmail.

You didn't give an example of you .cR file, but you said you have
separate entries for the machine and it's domain.  It those are not
one complete entry that's probably your problem.

Each machine must have it's own FQDN in place.

If domain is bar.org  and the machine is foo, then foo.bar.org
must appear.

This could mean a large .cR file.

We have a client in a far city who uses a local diallup ISP their.
I entered 512 names that map to their dial-in lines in order for
the customer to send mail from their domain at our site from their
dial up in the distant city.

--
bill@bilver.magicnet.net | bill@bilver.com