Date:      Sun, 21 Jan 2001 11:34:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   strong recommendation re: NFS

    Guys, I've noticed that some of you have been making noises about
    cleaning up the NFS macros in current.

    I strongly recommend that you not do this, at least not unless
    you want to take on a man month (or two!) worth of work & debugging!
    In fact, I would recommend that the NFS subsystem be left alone as much
    as possible until -current is far more stable then it is.  NFS issues tend
    to be subtle, and unless you've been staring at the code for a year
    you are likely to introduce more bugs then you fix.  There's a reason why
    I (Mr 'rewrite everything' Dillon) haven't touched them.

    Concentrate on making the general network stack (aka TCP) and
    filesystems SMP aware.  Leave NFS alone for now.   Please.

						-Matt