Date:      Sun, 01 Oct 2000 04:27:05 +0900
From:      Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        msmith@freebsd.org
Cc:        iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org, haro@tk.kubota.co.jp, takawata@shidahara1.planet.sci.kobe-u.ac.jp, current@freebsd.org, acpi-jp@jp.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI megapatch

Hi,

> Ok.  Based on all the suggestions, received today, and some more ideas
> besides, here's the latest megapatch.
>
>  - Move all register I/O into a new file
>  - Move event handling into a new file
>  - Move headers to acpivar/acpireg/acpiio
>  - Move find-RSDT and find-ACPI-owened-memory into acpi_machdep
>  - Allocate all resources (except OperationRegions in AML) using
>    real resources.  AML fix will now be easy though.
>  - Remove all ACPI #ifdefs
>  - Minor style and commenting fixes
>  - Removed unnecessary #includes
>
> Please test this; there are lots of opportunities for error in these
> changes.  In particular, I am afraid that I may have broken I/O from AML

I did test it, S1, S5 transition, PowerResource On/OFF and GPE handling
by kernel thread, everything seems OK!
I think nobody has objections for your commit.  I also have something to
commit (SleepOp/StallOp, acpi_disable_events()), I'll do it after you.

> bytecode.  Hopefully with this committed I can finally get to work on the
> thermal management. 8)

Cool.  On some machine, thermal management requires Embedded Controller I/O.
Anybody working on this?