Date:      Wed, 7 May 1997 08:07:59 +0800 (WST)
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@obiwan.psinet.net.au>
To:        Ruslan Shevchenko <rssh@cki.ipri.kiev.ua>
Cc:        Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>, Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Antispam sendmail.cf modifications..

> > Dunno...I'm skeptical of GUIs for system configuration.  Just seems
> > that there's no way they could ever be flexible enough to handle everyting.
>   Thay must be extensability.
> >

> In principle, GUI tools is not such bad, it can be usefull.

GUI tools are good for most things, except for very low-level stuff or
doing evil tweaky things to configurations. :)

However, I like GUIs because it makes the *end user* feel more comfortable
configuring something. Sysadmins and clued people of a similar nature are
the edit-config-file-type, however I thought FreeBSD was also aimed at the
average joe running Windows :)

Adrian