Date:      Fri, 07 Aug 1998 09:43:17 +0900
From:      takawata@shidahara1.planet.kobe-u.ac.jp
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: About VCD (raw data reading)

>On Thu, 6 Aug 1998,  s$B$t(B k X$B+H(B wrote:
>

>> 	I'd got http://www.mahoroba.ne.jp/~naoya/archives/vcdr.tar.gz
>> 	and patched, but it seems not working....
>>
>> [AlanSung@ttyp1(SungSung)][/usr/tmp] >./vcdr /dev/cd0c 2
>> Can't read RAW data.

It seems that the patch only works on *ATAPI*.
And on SCSI, the way to read RAW data is VARIOUS.

>>  	Is there any new patch for 3.0-CURRENT?
>> 	my cdrom is TEAC 532S
>
>What raw data are you trying to read?  The page is in Japanese so I can't
>figure out how this functionality is different from tosha/cdd.

The different is that it reads RAW sector  , not CDDA ,and check
each sector whether the sector is VideoCD sector or not,as 'xreadvcd' does.

Takanori Watanabe
Public Key</a>
Key fingerprint =  2C 51 E2 78 2C E1 C5 2D  0F F1 20 A3 11 3A 62 2A