Date:      	Tue, 26 Aug 1997 11:21:44 +0200
From:      Jos Backus <jos@oce.nl>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem getting UUCP to talk to SCO UNIX

[My apologies for this slightly off-topic question...]

I am trying to get the version of Taylor UUCP (1.06.1) supplied with FreeBSD
to talk to some SCO UNIX 3.2 systems.

The problem: the remote login prompt appears after dialing, the account name
gets sent and then the BSD uucico times out waiting for the ``word:'' prompt
to return.  In fact, nothing gets sent back at all (according to the Debug
log).

The SCO Technical FAQ mentions this to be a parity-related issue and talks
about adding ``"" P_ZERO'' to a V2 UUCP chat script, but Taylor UUCP doesn't
have this exact option. I tried adding ``chat-seven-bit false'' to the sys
description, but that doesn't make any difference.

Help please :-)

Thanks,
Jos
--
Jos Backus                 _/  _/_/_/                        CIM-ISGA/IS
                          _/  _/   _/              Oce-Technologies B.V.