Date:      Tue, 16 Sep 2003 00:57:28 +0300
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@freebsd.org>
To:        Martin Bartelds <bts@iae.nl>
Cc:        "ipfw@freebsd.org" <ipfw@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: IPFW/routing wishes

--3Gf/FFewwPeBMqCJ

On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 02:38:17PM +0200, Martin Bartelds wrote:
> What I do seriously mis in FreeBSD, is the possibilty to have NATD active=
=20
> on more then 1 network address/card and do packet routing based=20
> on packet information.
>=20
I have a config with two ISPs, each providing us with a small
block of IP addresses, and I have the solution that:

- does source-based routing with the help of "ipfw fwd",
- provides multi-NAT for internal hosts, destination-based.

The last part is done by allocating two distinct IP addresses,
one from each block, and "routing" the packets to a corresponding
natd(8) process, like this:

In /etc/rc.conf:

	natd_enable=3D"YES"
	natd_interface=3D"x.x.x.x"
	natd2_enable=3D"YES"
	natd2_interface=3D"y.y.y.y"
	natd2_flags=3D"-p natd2"

In /etc.rc.firewall:

	# EXTERNAL INTERFACE RULESET

	# Spoof protection.
	[...]

	# NAT.
	${fwcmd} add divert natd2 ip from ${inet} to ${isp2_net} out
	${fwcmd} add divert natd2 ip from any to y.y.y.y in
	${fwcmd} add deny ip from any to y.y.y.y in

	${fwcmd} add divert natd ip from ${inet} to any out
	${fwcmd} add divert natd ip from any to x.x.x.x in
	${fwcmd} add deny ip from any to x.x.x.x in

Cheers,
--=20
Ruslan Ermilov		Sysadmin and DBA,
ru@sunbay.com		Sunbay Software Ltd,