Date:      Sun, 4 Nov 2012 05:13:31 -0600
From:      ajtiM <lumiwa@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Cc:        Niclas Zeising <zeising@freebsd.org>, "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@tristatelogic.com>
Subject:   Re: r300-based boards... Are they now officially a lost cause?

On Saturday 03 November 2012 21:20:55 Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:

> >You are using the default xorg in FreeBSD.  It is an old version, but
> >for the most part it works.  Most notably it lacks support for more
> >modern intel based graphics cards.  It probably also lacks other
> >features.  The WITH_NEW_XORG knob was added to make it possible for
> >people to test more recent versions of the xorg distribution.  The
> >ultimate goal is to use this version, but the risk is that support for

!!much legacy hardware is removed.  We need a lot of help testing though,!!

I have an old ATI Radeon 9000 (r250) and I am usin default xorg in FreeBSD. I
didn't try the "new" one because I am not sure if will work because as you
wrote "much legacy hardware is remowed". But my Radeon 9000 works very good
and fast on Mageia Linux with Xorg 1.13.0.

Mitja
--------
http://www.redbubble.com/people/lumiwa