Date:      Wed, 8 Apr 1998 04:22:06 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        sfarrell+lists@farrell.org
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: luigi's snd driver questions

> I have a sb16 pnp which seems to generally work ok with luigi's driver
> (this is a 2.2.6-stable system, kernel from like 5 days
> ago)... however with realvideo i get the following on xconsole
> (especially under heavy load):
>
> WARNING: wrintr but write DMA inactive!
> WARNING: wrintr but write DMA inactive!
> WARNING: wrintr but write DMA inactive!
>
> which seem to coincide with "pops" from the speakers.  is this a bug
> in the driver or a configuration issue?  if it's a configuration

cannot tell exactly. it could be that you have a vibra16X which is
unsupported because of lack of documentation. Yesterday i have written
again to creativelabs asking for documentation...

In general, if you have a pnp card, it is much wiser to have
"controller pnp0" in the kernel so it will fetch the right resources
from the PnP config registers.

> if my card *is* misconfigured, then how do i know?  (i suppose i could

use "pnpinfo" and send me the output. PLAIN ASCII -- no mime
attachments..

> finally, if i drop the irq, drq, and flags from the kernel config and
> replace them with ?'s, and enable pnp0, will the kernel just magically
> (aka pnp) figure these out and configure the card?

more or less, yes.

	cheers
	luigi