Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 2013 22:58:18 +0300
From:      Raphael Kubo da Costa <rakuco@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [rft] ar9300 HAL updated

Joshua Isom <jrisom@gmail.com> writes:

> On 3/31/2013 9:49 AM, Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
>> The first error I got was in ar9300_radio.c:90 -- clang complained
>> `ichan' was not being used.
>
> I keep forgetting about this, but if you open the file go to line 89
> and change the ifdef to '#if 0' it'll compile.

Yeah, I did something similar and compilation went a little bit further.

> Also, for your kernel config, generic won't work.  Comment out the
> device lines for ath, ath_pci, and ath_hal.  Three options need added,
> so it'll look like this.

Gah, thanks for reminding me about removing those `device' entries from
my kernel configuration. I build my kernel as a "diff" against GENERIC
[1], and this is what I'm currently using (the rest of the options are
already present in GENERIC):

# For the experimental AR9485 support.
options         ATH_DEBUG
options         AH_DEBUG
options         ATH_DIAGAPI
nodevice        ath
nodevice        ath_pci
nodevice        ath_hal
nodevice        ath_rate_sample

[1] http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/docs/html/kernelconfig.html

Anyway, I'm still stuck at those other warnings/errors I posted before.