Date:      Fri, 30 Oct 1998 00:22:06 +0100 (CET)
From:      Marius Bendiksen <mbendiks@eunet.no>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Journaling File Systems

I am looking to implement JFS. This would add compatibility with AIX and
OS/2, besides which the fs is rock solid and supposedly (at least)
comparable to FFS as far as speed is concerned. If I've understood
correctly, the journaling technology is not just for stability, but also
serves a function similar to softupdates.

Needless to say, I'd be a lot more happy about being able to get hold of
some specs than I would about having to grab hold of the Eurora Technology
Preview and try to hack the filesystem. Reverse-engineering the code is
out of the question.

---
Marius Bendiksen
... dead girls don't say no ...