Date:      Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:02:03 -0400
From:      "Zepeda, Herbey" <Herbey.Zepeda@atg.in.gov>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   multicore processing question

Hi,=20

I'm relatively new to FreeBSD and have had a hard time get to the right =
information relating multicore processing. I hope someone can give me =
some pointers.

I have a two core processor and FreeBSD (latest stable release).

Question:

If I have a c program that creates child processes with fork and exec =
(in a non blocking way), will the child processes be executed by FreeBSD =
in parallel using the different cores without me having to do special =
synchronization arrangements to my program?

Will I need threads instead of processes?=20

thanks
Statement of Confidentiality: The information in this message is =
privileged and confidential and it is intended only for the use of the =
individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not =
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you are prohibited =
from disseminating, distributing, or copying the information contained =
in this message. If you have received this message in error, please =
notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of the original =
message.