Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 2000 03:57:18 -0400
From:      Christopher Masto <chris@netmonger.net>
To:        Nick Hibma <n_hibma@calcaphon.com>, Paul Haddad <paul@pth.com>
Subject:   Re: USB/Orb/kue/iopener/filesystem corruption

For those following along, it's definately kue-related.

On Tue, Apr 04, 2000 at 06:40:22PM -0400, Christopher Masto wrote:
> Next time I get a chance, I'll try:
>
>   Filesystem-intensive activity without using kue at all, then a
>   reboot and fsck.

Tested, absolutely no problems.  In fact, I'm writing this from the
i-opener (running ppp).

Same disaster.  Instant filesystem damage if I use the maching at all
with kue up.

>   Simulating the i-opener situation with my laptop.

Haven't tried yet.. it's nearly 4AM.

>   Getting more details on the kernel panic.

Haven't managed a panic this time around.

I'm still stumped as to what exactly is going on.. whether kue is
corrupting random memory, or umass's buffers.. I may just try to find
an aue-based adapter to try.
--
Christopher Masto         Senior Network Monkey      NetMonger Communications
chris@netmonger.net        info@netmonger.net        http://www.netmonger.net

Free yourself, free your machine, free the daemon -- http://www.freebsd.org/