Date:      Sun, 10 Mar 1996 09:49:06 -0500
From:      dob@clipper.cb.att.com
To:        current@freefall.freebsd.org, dyson@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current-digest@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VM problems

> As John S. Dyson wrote:
>
> > 	I committed some changes on Fri night (should be available today
> > 	for sup) to current.  I think that the VM problems should be
> > 	fixed.  (INN still probably has problems -- that is later tonite
> > 	and tomorrow work.)  Please try the stuff out and give me feedback
> > 	good or bad.  I would appreciate it!!!
>
> I've seen the mass commits, and upgraded the kernel yesterday.  This
> one did already hang twice (hard hangs) for an undetectable reason
> (*), but i haven't seen a VM-related panic.
>
> (*) The SCSI LED was lit.

No more make sig 11's and 10's!!!!  Happy, happy, joy, joy!!!  Thanks!

But...

I've had one hard hang (press reset button) and one reboot (panic?, no dump,
sorry).  Both while remaking world and fiddling with the modem (ppp on reboot
and minicom on hang).  I've since setup to take dump if panic.

This AM am redoing make world while having a memory pressure cooker running
(malloc bunch, touch bunch, free bunch).

Did get one error message on console/log when I logged in with all this mess
running:

Mar 10 09:25:33 llama /kernel: vnode_pager_putpages: attempt to write meta-data!!! -- 0xffffffe9(ff)

If I get a dump will let you know.

Thanks for your efforts.

Dan O'Brien
Lucent Technologies (Bell Labs Innovations)