Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 1996 11:34:37 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        michaelv@headcandy.com (Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com), freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Some recent changes to GENERIC

[ Making *nix be the best OS available ]

> > Well, yeah, that's a great goal.  But, how do we solve the ATI/S3/com4
> > conflict and kernel bloat with the source base that exists _right_
> > _now_ in 2.1.5 (and/or NetBSD 1.2)?  Better ideas?
>
> My general soloution to this type of question is to consider how
> things should be, not how they are, in formulating my answer.

And my response is 'provide me with the best solution' if you believe
it's such a big deal.  Having access to the tools and the documentation
to *DO* the best solution is at best 33% of the job.  If the project did
all the 'tasks' that you gave us 'enough information to do the job with'
then we'd have Terry-BSD and no-one would be having fun.  But, instead
we go have fun and wait for someone else (ie; Terry!) to finish the
'trivial implementations' he claims must be done. *grin*

Nate