Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 1996 22:20:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org, phk@FreeBSD.org, alex@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: IPFW (mis)feature

On Thu, 27 Jun 1996, Nate Williams wrote:

> Why doesn't ipfw(8) allow me to specify the services using the names
> out of /etc/services?

    Funny, I was *just* about to ask the exact same question, after
fiddling with our new firewall for a couple of hours today.  As it is
now, I have comments in rc.firewall, but an 'ipfw l' is difficult to
parse, even with only a few of the well-known services enabled.
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@io.org, taob@ican.net)
Systems and Network Administrator, Internet Canada Corp.