Date:      Sat, 20 Feb 1999 11:37:07 -0800
From:      Chris Knight <fbsd-stb@ghostwheel.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, jmb@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /etc/mail/Makefile doesn't make.

At 11:51 AM 1/28/99 -0800, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>The stuff in /etc/mail should be retired.  The folks at gulf.net
>stopped supporting this almost a year ago.
>
>- Jordan

Greetings,

I hate to bring this up again, but after a 15+ message thread a month ago,
it appears that the non-working /etc/mail made it into 3.1-RELEASE

The previous discussion ranged from fixing the code to replacing it with
RBL.  My opinion, for what little it is worth, is that if the current
Makefile can''t be fixed with a working ftp host for the ips.txt and
domains.txt files, then the code should be dropped.  Once the non-working
code is out of the tree, then RBL or other options can be considered.  It
doesn't make sense to me that dead code was left in because the RBL
discussion ended without conclusion.

-ck