Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 1998 01:01:33 -0700
From:      brian@worldcontrol.com
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   reading m2f2 CD sectors?

I've determined that cdrecord 1.6 will write (even if I have to hack
the code) what I want with regard to Mode 2 Form 2 CDROM sectors.

However, I was wondering where things are these days with reading Mode 2
Form 2 sectors?

In the old days, Amancio and I used some "hack" he came up with
(apologies Amancio) to read M2F2 from Plextor drives.

I presume (read "I'm hoping") that something more formal has developed
since those days.

I need to be able to read the M2F2 sectors without relying on any
TOC or track info.  Just raw sectors.

Could some kind soul point me in the right direction.

I'm also into CAM these days, so maybe someone knows of a CAM
way to read M2F2.  If not, running the older SCSI layer is an option.

I cross-posted this to freebsd-scsi, however, I'm not subscribed
there, so freebsd-scsi readers please post back to freebsd-multimedia.

Thanks,

--
Brian Litzinger <brian@litzinger.com>