Date:      Wed, 5 Feb 1997 16:49:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      Stranger Bone <ben@narcissus.ml.org>
To:        silex@perfekt.perfekt.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Question

On Thu, 6 Feb 1997 silex@perfekt.perfekt.net wrote:

> Where can I purchase freeBSD on a cdrom and about how much is it?  I
> think it would install easier on a cdrom rather then downloading it.
> Thank You

Walnut Creek CD-ROM is the company you want to contact.  Their web page is
http://www.cdrom.com (powered by FreeBSD, of course :).  I happen to have
the URL of the order form handy: http://www.cdrom.com/orderfrm.html.

I believe it costs $40, $50 with a copy of Greg Lehey's book _The Complete
FreeBSD_.  I recommend getting the book if you've never installed FreeBSD
before, it was very helpful to me and I've heard good reviews from others
too.

The current version shipping is 2.1.6.1; this release is very stable and
mature and is good for machines that must be up without fail; however,
version 2.2 should be on CD-ROM in about a month.  2.2 is newer and
somewhat less well-tested; however, from what I've heard I would not call
it unstable, and it's faster and has some nice new features.  So depending
on what you want to use FreeBSD for, you may want to wait a month and
order then.

> silex@perfekt.net

 Ben

"You have your mind on computers, it seems."