Date:      Sat, 20 May 2000 15:49:43 -0400
From:      Coleman Kane <cokane@one.net>
To:        "Sameer R. Manek" <manek@ecst.csuchico.edu>
Cc:        "Mike C. Muir" <mmuir@es.co.nz>, Sebastien ROCHE <sr@sxb.bsf.alcatel.fr>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: occasional reboots

--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK

I think the point is that FreeBSD runs the CPU a lot cooler =3D not as many=
 unused
processor cycles. The last time I overclocked was to send a PMMX-166 to 200=
. It
worked, but now CPU prices are low enough that you will spend the extra mon=
ey
getting really good HS/Fan combos to get it to a certain speed rather than
buying a regular fan/hs and getting the fasterchip. Good example: Celeron. =
The
Celeron 366's are within $10 of the 533's now. May as well just get a 533.

Sameer R. Manek had the audacity to say:

--=20
Coleman Kane
President,=20
UC Free O.S. Users Group - http://pohl.ececs.uc.edu