Date:      Tue, 7 Jan 2003 17:55:03 +0000
From:      John <lists@reiteration.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMC EtherEZ Ethernet 8020 pcmcia (solved)

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 08:42:11PM +0000, John wrote:
> Hi list
>
> I am trying to get a SMC EtherEZ Ethernet 8020 pcmcia card
> to work under freebsd 4.6 or later, and if so, please tell me how you did it or
> point me in the direction of an appropiate FAQ. Googling yields only
> very limited results.
>
> On earlier freebsd versions (3.0) I can see the card (the card lights
> up but I think this is due to zc or zp) but this isn't the NIC interface
> (ifconfig -a doesn't show it, nor is it available from
> stand/sysinstall). freebsd-current with the generic kernel doesn't even
> light up the nic but compiling PCCARD lights the NIC but still can't
> 'see' the nic interface (-current being 5.0 RC2. I have to use current
> as it is the only one apart from 3.0 which will boot off the CD)

solved - firstly pccard_enable="YES" in rc.conf (duh!), reboot, then
(this is -current) using the oldcard template and building a new kernel,
reboot, now the interface is seen as ed1.

whee!
--
John - jfm@reiteration.net - http://www.reiteration.net/~jfm
For PGP public key finger jfm@reiteration.net or see webpage