Date:      Mon, 9 Aug 1999 23:38:17 +0200 (SAST)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za>
To:        Willy <william.leeson@cs.tcd.ie>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Shared object "libkrb.so.3" not found

Around Today, "Willy" wrote :

W>  /usr/home/leesonw>ghostview
W>  /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libkrb.so.3" not found
W>  /usr/home/leesonw>

This doesn't sound strictly like a Kerberos problem, but rather a linked
library problem.

Try a ldconfig -R /usr/lib /usr/local/lib /usr/X11R6/lib
and any other location(s) that you might have shared libraries.

Might also be worth trying a
ldconfig -aout -R /usr/lib/aout /usr/local/lib/aout /usr/X11R6/lib/aout

W>  don't seem to have it even in the sources it's blank. I guess this is
W>  because of the export restrictions and me not being a US or Canadian
W>  citizen and all that. Now I don't care one way or the other if I have

I'm not a US/Canadian citizen, and have never installed Kerberos on my
home PC, and it works a treat. When I have, it makes little difference
to most userland apps; anything requiring authentication is different,
obviously.

---
Khetan Gajjar       (!kg1779) * khetan@os.org.za
http://khetan.os.org.za/      * Talk/Finger khetan@khetan.os.org.za
FreeBSD enthusiast            * http://www2.za.freebsd.org/
Stupidest quote heard : Who is this BSD, and why should we free him ?

Reference : <37AE83DC.48A0D5F1@cs.tcd.ie>
Date      : Aug 9, 1999, 8:31am