Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 1996 16:07:05 -0500
From:      rkw@shark.dataplex.net (Richard Wackerbarth)
To:        Dave Babler <dbabler@Rigel.orionsys.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: is it live, or...

>Hmmm... you sort of lost me there. (X-files?)
lndir is in the X11R6 tree.

> I figured I could just nuke
>the current source tree and link the source tree on the CD to the base,
>but how in the world would CTM work in this case? Or SUP?

The tree built with lndir is a real set of directories on the HD with a
link to the individual files on the CD. This is opposed to one line to the
top of a tree on the CD. Individual files can be replaced by removing the
old version and copying a new one in its place.

> The goal is to free
>up some HD space, but I don't see how using the CD in this context can
>work, unless I just stay with the CD release only.

1) Identify all files that have changed.
2) Remove any of them that are links to the CD and replace them with a real
file on the disk.
3) Space is still saved for those files which remain unchanged.

>PS: sorry for posting the original questiion twice, but I got an odd
>notice (from attmail.com) claiming
attmail is messed up. Just ignore them