Date:      Sat, 11 Feb 2006 22:18:28 -0700
From:      Erin Sharmahd <tuxgirl@gmail.com>
To:        Ian Dowse <iedowse@iedowse.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I can't mount my USB thumb drive or ipod -- no /dev/da*

> It's definitely worth a try. People have reported exactly this issue
> with both recent iPods, and PNY Attache devices. In the case of the
> iPods, removing the stall-clearing code was reported to fix the
> problem, but I don't know whether it will help with the thumb drive.

And, we've got a winner!

Any idea if there are plans to fix this in the kernel itself?  I
looked and found this:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3Dusb/86438
but it appears to still be open...

Anyway, many thanks to everybody who provided suggestions and help
here!  Most especiall, thank you to Ian for finding this solution!

~Erin

--
http://www.tuxgirl.com