Date:      Thu, 01 Feb 2001 22:23:54 +0100
From:      Christoph Sold <so@server.i-clue.de>
To:        Jonathan Belson <jon@witchspace.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel panic writing to ZIP disk 8^(

man send-pr tells you how to send problem reports, it's default values
send them to the FreeBSD project.

HTH
-Christoph Sold

Jonathan Belson schrieb:

> Hiya
>
> I suffered a kernel panic after trying to write
> to a MS-DOS ZIP disk.  It is repeatable with both
> my kernel and the GENERIC (non-SMP) one.
>
> I mounted the disk with the command
>
> mount_msdos /dev/afd0s1 /dos
>
> and the fault code was 'supervisor read, page not
> present'
>
> Apart from the embarassment of having my machine
> crash in front of two friends (after having extolled
> the virtuals of unix to them 8^), I think this is
> a serious problem which needs to be looked into.
>
> How do I report this bug, with all the information
> needed to find it?
>
> I'm running -stable supped yesterday on a dual
> Pentium 2 with 128 Megs.
>
> --
> C-YA
> Jon
>
> <http://www.witchspace.com>;

Freundliche Grüße aus Waiblingen

Christoph Sold
--
Systemadministrator, i-clue GmbH, Endersbacher Str. 57, 71334 Waiblingen
Fon: (0 71 51) 9 59 01-12, Fax: (0 71 51) 9 59 01-55, Mail: so@i-clue.de