Date:      Fri, 7 Feb 1997 18:45:23 -0600
From:      john@dexter.starfire.mn.org (John Lind)
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.1.6(CR) installation self-destructs again

Same thing.  After an otherwise successful install, it says:

		 	   Information Dialog
	         Saving any boot -c changes to new kernel...Fatal signal 10 caught!  I'm dead...

So, I figure I'll try to at least put SOME kernel on the root disk
partition, so I activate the Emergency Holographic Shell and type
mount.  Everything looks good there, so I do an "ls /mnt" and it
shows NOTHING!  Nothing at all.  Empty.  So, I think maybe the
mount table is out of date, so I try to mount /dev/sd0a /mnt, but
is says that /mnt is busy...

I'm going to try again with FTP from my server CD.  Sigh.  Suggestions
welcome.  Let me know if I can do anything to help.

		 John Lind, Starfire Consulting Services
E-mail: john@starfire.MN.ORG	    USnail: PO Box 17247, Mpls MN  55417