Date:      Tue, 3 Jun 2003 10:39:42 +1000
From:      Andrew Thomson <ajthomson@optushome.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   bandwidth monitor

i'll be honest and say i haven't really investigated too much...

i'm running snmpd and using cricket to generate pretty bandwidth graphs.

however I'm looking for something a bit more precise that will give me a
bandwidth breakdown in/out per day.

i currently have some count rules

00040 count ip from any to any out xmit dc0
00045 count ip from any to any in recv dc0

which i check and zero every hour, and then analyse this data later.
however i'm curious if there's something i can use to double check my
results..

cheers,

ajt.