Date:      Mon, 12 Apr 2004 22:41:54 +0100
From:      Colin Percival <colin.percival@wadham.ox.ac.uk>
To:        Divacky Roman <xdivac02@eva.fit.vutbr.cz>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Optimizing RCng execution speed ?

At 09:36 11/04/2004, Divacky Roman wrote:
>RCng uses dependancies so it naturally makes a graph where some nodes
>are independant of each other. what about executing this in parallel?

  I've put together some code for this -- I hacked up rcorder to
output sets of scripts which can be run simultaneously, had rc.subr
run them in the background, and had /etc/rc wait after each group.
  Much to my surprise, it didn't help -- in fact, it resulted in a
5% slowdown (on my single processor, HTT-enabled system).

Colin Percival