Date:      Thu, 5 Dec 2002 06:20:10 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        "Scott Anderson" <nemesis@crypto.tk>, "Lowell Gilbert" <freebsd-stable-local@be-well.no-ip.com>
Cc:        "f-stable" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Problems with make buildkernel

On Thursday 05 December 2002 05:04 am, Scott Anderson wrote:
> I cvsup'ed the source 4 times from 2 different servers.  The
> problem exists in the same spot every time :(

You made it really difficult to figure out what you have done. If you=20
had copied GENERIC and then commented out the options you didn't want=20
to use (# in col 1), it would have been much easier to figure out=20
what you have done wrong. As it is, I got to where the atkbd's should=20
have been, decided that everything was really badly ordered as far as=20
diagnosing what you have done and gave up. Then, I noticed you had a=20
"gif 1" and my gif and the example in the LINT doesn't have options.

I cvsuped RELENG_4, did a buildworld, and had no problems doing a=20
buildkernel. At this point, it is time to shut that system down for a=20
few hours.

If the "gif 1" isn't it, redo your config but this time make it easy=20
for us to figure out what you have done.

Kent

--=20
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA