Date:      Sat, 06 Nov 1999 10:44:19 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        frank@exit.com
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wondering about cardbus support.

In message <199911050518.VAA29749@realtime.exit.com> Frank Mayhar writes:
: I have the misfortune to have a cardbus Ethernet card that came with my
: Dell laptop.  I was wondering how cardbus support was going, and if I could
: help in any way.

Here's the status of what's going on...

I have started to port the newconfig cardbus and pccard system to
newbus.  I've managed to make pccard and pcic compile for that.  I'm
working on getting cardbus and the pccbb driver compiling as well.
I've committed the pccard parts of this, but not the cardbus side.  I
had heard of an effort in Japan to also do cardbus support, but my
attempts to contact them have been unsuccessful so far.

However, in the middle of this work my Sony VAIO laptop up and died.
It has been sent back to Sony for repairs, but I don't know when I'll
get it back from them, or if the data on my hard drive will be
intact.

My current plan is while I'm waiting for the VAIO to come back is to
try to get the pcic device attaching, as well as trying to wire up the
pccard bus to it.  I'm a little short on time, but am making what
progress I can...

Warner