Date:      Thu, 30 Aug 2001 09:02:19 -0700
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
To:        Rob <europax@home.com>
Cc:        parv <parv@earthlink.net>, Josh Elsasser <jre@vineyard.net>, Jim Mock <mij@soupnazi.org>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: apm not finding battery

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 06:48:15AM -0700, Rob wrote:
> My Sony Vaio FX290 similarly gives no apm indications.  Also zzz turns
> it off but never to return :) you have to unplug the battery.  But
> don't feel bad.  They don't even properly support Windoze 2000 yet.
> It appears that Sony is going directly to Windoze XP bypassing proper
> support for 2000.  Rob.

My Sony Vaio SR5K has power management problems under Win2K Pro as
well.  If I shut it down with the shutdown menu, about half the time
it will not start back up when the power switch is toggled.

Sometimes the "hold the power switch for four seconds" kills
whatever state it is in, sometimes I have to remove the battery to
get it to a place it will boot from.

It's like shutdown doesn't actually shut down, but goes to some kind
of hibernate that's broken.

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL15)   602-953-1392   Brother, can you paradigm?
chad@dcfinc.com         chad@larsons.org          larson1@home.com