Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 2002 22:30:14 +0200
From:      Marc Fonvieille <blackend@freebsd.org>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: Use of -CURRENT manual pages in our docs

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 10:47:51PM +0300, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> On 2002-10-18 21:22, Marc Fonvieille <blackend@FreeBSD.ORG> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > It is now possible to make the difference between -STABLE and
> > -CURRENT manual pages.
> >
> > We need this for devfs, device.hints etc. manual pages in our Handbook.
> > Manual pages entities for -CURRENT should have the form:
> >
> > &man.current.foo.1;
>
> So what happens when today's current becomes tomorrow's stable?
> I hope we won't have to rename all the &man.current.foo.X; entities to
> &man.stable.foo.X; :-(

Don't worry, the amount of -CURRENT manual pages we use in docs is
very light. It just allows us to use a -CURRENT manual page at same time
with -STABLE one.
I added the 'current' attribute, it can be used without a form like
&man.current.foo.1;, but when the page becomes stable, the attribute
have to be removed.

It is just for "a little use".

I don't know if it's good or not to know if a manpage is current or not
just in reading the entity name...

Marc