Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 1995 11:48:36 -0800 (PST)
From:      Donald Burr <d_burr@ix.netcom.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Upgrading from 2.0.5 to 2.1: What should I expect?

Hi there!

I'm a happy user of 2.0.5 (have been, for quite some time now) and I am
anxiously awaiting the many new features and fixes promised in 2.1

But I am a bit anxious about this, mainly because of the question of how
to upgrade from 2.0.5 to 2.1.

I'm wondering if the 2.1 install will be able to "upgrade" a pre-existing
2.0.5 system with minimal or no intervention by the admin.  Or will the
2.1 install stomp all over my 2.0.5 stuff, and I have to spend a few
nights rebuilding everything?

I'm just curious about what to expect, that's all.  I always, of course,
back up all of my critical stuff before an upgrade like this, so even if
"the worst" happens, I'll be prepared.

Thanks!

Donald Burr [d_burr@ix.netcom.com], PO Box 91212, Santa Barbara CA 93190-1212
TEL (805)564-1871 // FAX 564-2315 // WWW http://www.physics.ucsb.edu/~dburr
PGP Public Key available by request (send e-mail) or Public Key Servers.
** Uphold your right to privacy - Use PGP. **