Date:      Tue, 26 May 1998 13:49:39 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Satwant <satwant@lachman.com>
To:        David Wolfskill <dhw@whistle.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FREEBSD installation. (fwd)

Thanks for the response.

I have a boot floppy made, which was easy to make using config.exe from
cdrom in w95 mode.

The problem is booting in dos mode, or booting thru walnut cdrom, or thru
bootable floppy is the foll:

although, the installation menu comes up, and i can
do disk partitioning, and set up diff filesystems
/, /usr,/var, BUT WHEN it tries to load the bin, man
directories etc., it wants to know where should it load
from.. and i say .. cdrom. It comes back
saying "cdrom not found".

This happens even when the install program is itself running
from cdrom.

Also, when I boot in dos mode, I can't see h: as my cdrom any
more, although I can see it in dos shell.

So I think my OS cant see my cdrom, although w95 can.

Also, my cdrom is Goldstar, which is not in the list of supported
controllers/ cdrom drives.

Now I am trying the following:

copying all of cdrom contents onto D: drive, so that I may
( I hope I can) later choose to load through DOS partition and be
able to specify that drive. ( I have C+D drive on my HD1 and E on HD2-
I plan to use E as my bsd disk)

I dont know if it will work.

Do you have any clue, how I can make the installation program look at the
bin etc. dirs. ?

Please let me know,
Thanks,

-Satwant.