Date:      Thu, 22 Mar 2001 22:38:56 +0100 (CET)
From:      Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: *** HEADSUP keyserv might be broken ***

keyserv _is_ broken.

I'm sorry about this, I overlooked keyserv as I did my work and
did just a hack so it compiled. There are a few things broken:

- Register the keyserv programm and crypt program in rpcbind also
  for local unix transport.
- Create and bind the unix socket

I've a fix here, and I do testing at the moment. When everything works
I'll paste it into the web.

Btw: Rpcbind seems not to look at the v-flag in /etc/netconfig for rpcbind
registrations. It works for portmap registrations. I'll look if this is
still the same in newer tirpc1999.

So you'll see these strange entries in rpcinfo:

100029       1    unix      /var/run/keyservsock   keyserv    superuser
100029	     2    unix      /var/run/keyservsock   keyserv    superuser
600100029    1    unix      /var/run/keyservsock              superuser

That's cause in /etc/rpc is no name defined for programm 600100029.
Portmapper did hide this.

Martin

Martin Blapp, mb@imp.ch