Date:      Mon, 22 Apr 2002 21:07:27 -0700
From:      "Michael W. Collette" <metrol@metrol.net>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Portupgrade segfaults

I just had to go and upgrade a perfectly working portupgrade installation.
Was busy bringing a bunch of my apps up to current version numbers while
getting things prepped for KDE3, and I up and broke the darn thing.

I did a pkg_delete on portupgrade, and all of it's dependencies.  Killed ruby
and all that.  Ran the make install on portupgrade after that to pull
everything back in.  Still all mucked up.

What happens is, whenever I run any of the apps part of the package ruby goes
and segfaults on me, dropping a .core file in place.  Is there some clever
bit I missed when I upgraded portupgrade?

I'm not dead in the water, as I am still able to do the old make install in
the ports tree and all that.  It sure would be nice to have portupgrade and
pkgdb back up and running without segfaulting though.

Later on,
--
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too
dark to read."