Date:      Tue, 03 Sep 2002 16:33:26 +0000
From:      "Sam Feagins" <sfeagins@Bugdesign.com>
To:        "Archie Cobbs" <archie@dellroad.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@Freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mpd config help

Sorry about the lines.....

>Try running tcpdump on
>(a) your internal network interface
I can see the ICMP request being sent out but nothing coming back

>(b) ng0
Nothing is travelling on this interface

>(c) your external network interface to see how far packets are getting.
I see the request going out as ICMP, not a PPTP packet.

>Do you have firewall rules installed? Does the remote server know
>that the route to your internal network is via the PPTP connection

No firewall at all, Just nat.  I've tried with and without nat.
I assume the remote server knows the route, as this scenario
works just fine when I use pptpClient.

So apparently it's sending out the packet on my external interface
(fxp1).  Here's my routing table w/ the mpd running.
(I cut out the unimportant info)
Destination    Gateway
default        adsl-64-219-75-198
192.168.2      192.168.2.240
192.168.2.240  192.168.2.243
192.168.10     link#2

When I run ifconfig I see ng1 up with the following IP:
inet 192.168.2.243 --> 192.168.2.240 netmask 0xffffffff

Is that netmask bad?

Thanks!

Sam