Date:      Fri, 31 Jul 1998 09:11:50 +0200 (METDST)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        heinig@hdz-ima.rwth-aachen.de (Gerald Heinig)
Subject:   Re: Tracing Kernel code (isppp) & possible isdnd bug

>From the keyboard of Gerald Heinig:

> Hellmuth Michaelis wrote:
>
> > >From the keyboard of Gerald Heinig:
> >
> > > Basically, i4b dials, *seems* to get an active connection and then releases the
> > > line about 2 or 3 seconds afterwards. It then re-dials and says it has an active
> > > connection, only to release it again after 2-3 seconds and so on, up until 10
> > > tries, when it stops. I've emphasised the "seems" because I'm not actually sure
> > > whether the connection could really be established.
> >
> > I'd like to see an isdntrace output of this.
>
> Comin' up....
>
> I'll make a proper effort from now on to get good traces. The one I've attached is
> one I did more or less out of idle curiosity, but as far as I can remember, the
> problem came up in this trace.

At the ISDN level i don't see any problem. The local machine builds up a
connection to the remote successfully. After some time, the _local_ machine
disconnects in a normal way from the remote site.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 559747-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 559747-77