Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 1996 17:58:35 -0400
From:      "Jordyn A. Buchanan" <jordyn@bestweb.net>
To:        compland@ism.com.br (Helio Coelho Jr. - CompuLand Informatica)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CGI in apache

>     I now that this is not the best list to ask this, but since most of us
>uses Apache...
>     I'm trying to run lwgate (a cgi script to mailing lists) in a Apache1.1.1
>but I'm getting the following errors in Apache's httpd/logs/ERROR_LOG file:
>execution of ... failed ... reason: Premature end of script header  .and.
>exec of .... failed ... errno is 13.
>
>Anyone has an ideia of what is going wrong ?

The CGI script isn't sending out correctly formatted HTTP headers.
*Usually* this happens because an error occurs in the script and the error
message is being sent to apache where it is expecting HTTP headers.  It
could also be that the script is slightly braindead and is actually sending
out incorrectly formatted headers--in that case, you would need to make a
wrapper around it or edit the source to make it work.

Hint:  Try executing the CGI script from a shell.  This will show you what
the output is.  If you see something other than HTTP headers and HTML,
you'll know what the problem is.

Jordyn

|Jordyn A. Buchanan                           jordyn@bestweb.net|
|Bestweb Corporation                      http://www.bestweb.net|
|Senior System Administrator                     +1.914.271.4500|