Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 1997 12:29:54 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Taavi Talvik <taavi@uninet.ee>
To:        Søren Schmidt <sos@sos.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: building RAID systems

On Wed, 23 Jul 1997, Søren Schmidt wrote:

> > > You could put 4x7gigs EIDE drives on the two EIDE channels on
> > > a modern motherboard. The run CCD to concat them together to
> > > one 28gig drive :)
> >
> > Thought of this, too, but this doesn't give me RAID advantages
> > like hot swapping of media and 28 GB isn't enough, anyway :-)
>
> Nope, I guess you have to go for one of those RAID boxes then...

There was recent announcement of DPT M3334{U,W,D} RAID Controller Driver.

The driver is available, now from sendero-ppp.i-connect.net and from
ftp-i.connect.net (ftp.i-connect.net ?) in the /crash directory.

best regards,
taavi
Taavi Talvik                    | Internet: taavi@uninet.ee
Unineti Andmeside AS            | phone: +372 6405150
Ravala pst. 10-412              | fax: +372 6405151
EE0001, Tallinn, Estonia        |