Date:      Fri, 16 May 2003 09:26:28 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Christian Kratzer <ck@cksoft.de>
To:        Oliver Eikemeier <eikemeier@fillmore-labs.com>
Cc:        Guy Middleton <guy@obstruction.com>
Subject:   Re: break up cyclic dependency openldap21 <-> cyrus-sasl2

Hi,

On Fri, 16 May 2003, Oliver Eikemeier wrote:
[snipp]
> In my opinion a cyrus-saslauthd port would be a good solution (Actually no
> saslauthd-ldap port, because ldap is optional for saslauthd) with dependencies:
>
> - cyrus-saslauthd -> cyrus-sasl2
> - optional: cyrus-saslauthd -> openldap20/21
> - optional: openldap21 -> cyrus-sasl2

yes thats exactly what i meant. Of course it should be called cyrus-saslauthd.

I have already checked the build framework and think that it should be quite
simple to install only the saslauthd part of cyrus sasl and provide a smaller
plist for that.

I just have not got the time to do it right away. That's why I'll update
the openldap21 port to 2.1.19 first.

Greetings
Christian

--
CK Software GmbH
Christian Kratzer,         Schwarzwaldstr. 31, 71131 Jettingen