Date:      Mon, 17 Jul 2000 19:31:27 -0400
From:      "Kevin (FH Admin)" <admin@freedomhosting.com>
To:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   SMP wont work: Systemax 550 / 2 PIII Xeon 550 CPU's

Hey everyone,

I've yet to be able to compile an SMP kernel in FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE that will
work.
Everytime I do so, I reboot and it freezes and 'smp panics'.
I tried the default SMP settings, and also tried some suggestions from a few
webpages I saw.
I was wondering if anyone has a similiar system?

I'm running a Systemax 550 server, with two PIII Xeon 550 processors.
Its an Intel C440GX+ motherboard. If anyone wants some additional
information, just ask.

I've tried everything, and would *really* like some help on this issue. It's
driving me insane and I need this server ready for production as soon as
possible. :>

Please let me know either VIA the list, or privately.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin Turner

Freedom Hosting, Inc.