Date:      Thu, 30 Aug 2001 09:07:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Miguel Santana <miguel_santana_mis@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   sendmail.cf on a laptop

Posting this for a friend who hasn't been able to post
to this list for some strange reason??
FWD:
Hi
I have kmail & netscape mail running BUT
for other reasons it'd be desirable to be able to say;
"mail joedoe" in the shell and have it go out to say
joedoe@some_company.com

Never set up sendmail before but did a lot of reading
in /etc/mail and in the /usr/share/sendmail places

From what it looks like most foks use something called
m4 to prep a sendmail.cf file, also it seems I need to
prep a /etc/mail/aliases & /etc/mail/generics file
(the "generics" for a natd environment) ??

Pls help here, if someone has a .mc already running on
their laptop, (something you've used to generate a
valid sendmail.cf by running it thru m4) ..  pls edit
out any personal stuff and e/mail it back ??
maybe I can fill in the "blanks" and run it thru m4 to
get a valid sendmail.cf file? Also do you use the
"aliases" and "generics" files?

This sendmail config looks like a lot of work to just
set it up on a laptop. A laptop being intermittently
connected, mostly behind a natd environment and
using your ISP's mail services all the time anyways,
I've asked some linux users and they say they use
mostly netscape mail or kmail or some such and
don't even bother w/ sendmail as a smtp transport. ??
What about freebsd laptop users??