Date:      Tue, 25 May 1999 19:59:02 -0400
From:      Matthew Hagerty <matthew@venux.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPP -auto -alias stopped working

Greetings,

I have a 486-DX-2 running FreeBSD and PPP to allow my internal home network
to access the Internet on demand.  I was running 3.0 for about 2 months and
all was fine, then one day it stopped working!  No, I did not change a
thing, really.  I launched a browser on my Win98 box and the modem in my
3.0 box dialed and connected just fine, however no packets would go
through.  I could however access the Internet from the 3.0 box console.

So, at this point I decided that it must be 3.0 and reinstalled from
scratch to 3.2-RELEASE.  After configuring PPP all worked just fine.  Now,
5 days later, my PPP stopped working again!!  Same symptoms, modem dials
and connects, however no packets seem to flow.  Access from the 3.2 box
console is okay though.

Any ideas as to what is going on would be greatly appreciated.  Also, if
anyone needs to see any logs, please let me know.  Also, please email me
directly as I am not yet on the list (working on it).

Thank you,
Matthew Hagerty