Date:      Thu, 26 Feb 1998 00:08:47 -0500
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@vmunix.com>
To:        Matthew Thyer <Matthew.Thyer@dsto.defence.gov.au>, Alfred Perlstein <perlsta@cs.sunyit.edu>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Build still broken - NOT! - Oh yes it is (was)

On Thu, Feb 26, 1998 at 01:44:52PM +1030, Matthew Thyer wrote:

> The freebsd-current list has mentioned several times that there are
> problems with both NFS client and server.  I believe that Terry
> recently made some changes to the NFS server code so maybe thats
> not so bad.
>
> Comments from others ??

Well, I've personaly given Terry's patches a whirl and they seemed
to fix up a lot of locking problems with my 3.0-CURRENT NFSv3
cliient. I test against an Auspex filer.

I haven't tried mounting both /usr/src and /usr/obj from the NFS
server, but I have successfully built the world with a /usr/src
NFS mounted.

I don't know if Terry's patches would help you since I belive it
was mostly just to implement locking correctly (I think), but it
may be worth trying out for a comparison if your latest cvsup
still barfs. http://www.freebsd.org/~terry for the patches.

-Mark

 Mark Mayo		  				mark@vmunix.com
 RingZero Comp.  	  		    http://www.vmunix.com/mark